22. Juni 2010

Pak 40 by Airfix and Matchbox in 1:76


Pictures of the Pak 40 antitank guns made by Airfix and Matchbox. The gun on the left side is made by Airfix, it came with the Opel Blitz. The gun on the right side is made by Matchbox and came with the Sd.Kfz. 11.

I used the same colors as on the vehicles on below. No more text today because...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjhlhwW9d4A


Matchbox Panzer III L in 1:76



Some informations about this model will follow soon.

18. Juni 2010

Decal storage


This is a good idea and I wanted to write about this in the next days, but the guys at Modellversium were faster. Check out their small article about storing decals in albums for stamps.

Matchbox Sd.Kfz 11 in 1:76


The Matchbox Sd.Kfz. 11 kit was build out of the box, no great changes were made to it, the only thing I added was a windschield. One of the tracks broke and I had to use cyanacrylat glue to fix attach it. This had some negative effects to the paint of the wheels.


I painted it in the same style that I used on the Opel Blitz. It was first painted with Revell Aquacolor Africabrown (#36117), then it got a mild wash with Citadel Badab Black, after that it was heavily drybrushed with Revell Aquacolor Beige (#36314). The tracks were painted with Revell Aquacolor rust and the cover was painted with Revell Aquacolor Beige (#36314) then i drybrushed it white.

Airfix Opel Blitz with Nitto Flak 38 in 1:76




The Airfix/Heller kit of the Opel Blitz in 1:76 supplied with the 2cm Flak 38 made by Nitto/Fujimi based on a simple diorama base which is made of an old cdrom, PVA glue and birdsand.


Some little changes were made to the Truck, I had to replace the frontlights because the old were used somewhere else. In addition I changed the loading area.
It was first painted with Revell Aquacolor Afrikabraun (#36117), then it got a mild wash with Citadel Badab Black, after that it was heavily drybrushed with Revell Aquacolor Beige (#36314).

The Flak 38 was built out the box, the only parts that I did not use were the supports for the shield, I could not figure out where to use them because I had no real construction plan for it. It was painted with some selfmixed grey, after that I drybrushed it with
Revell Aquacolor Afrikabraun (#36117) and Revell Aquacolor Beige (#36314).