January 22, 2018

My Method To Paint The
German Hinterhalt
camouflage pattern



In this post I will show you how I paint the German Hinterhalt camouflage pattern. This is very time intensive, I needed for two tanks six hours, but I think it is looking fine.

Step 1:
Apply the three basic colors you want to use. In this case I use sand, green and brown.

Step 2:
Apply dots of sand to the brown and green parts of the tank

Step 3:
Apply dots of green to the brown and sand parts of the tank

Step 4:
Apply dots of brown to the green and sand parts of the tank

Step 5:
Use a light thinned black wash on the whole tank. In this case I use GW Nuln Oil and War-Ter® with a 70/30 ratio.

Step 6:
Give the tank a light drybrush with some kind of bone color/light beige.


The next steps (for that I did not do any pictures) are the following:
- paint all details
- apply gloss coat to the parts you want to use decals on
- add decals
- seal the whole tank with dull coat (still not done)

Maybe some of you readers will try it for yourself, I have still a StuG and a Panther waiting for this kind of paintjob, which I maybe will paint today.


No comments: