September 4, 2019

Hobbyzone Small Corner Module
For 26mm Bottles

A closer look at the small corner module for 26mm paint bottles made by the Polish producer HobbyZone. Since my amount of paint bottles is growning slowly but steady, not only with paints but with a lot of "little helpers" and other stuff, I need more room for them.

I already built some painttrays, they can be seen on this picture, and while they work well, I wanted to try something new and ordered this thing. It is priced below 10 Euros what is fine, and HobbyZone is offering more various trays for paints and stuff, that you can build your customized working station.

I hope this makes sense, but with no further words left, let us look what is inside this box.

All parts came packed in bubblewrapped foil, and with them a simple construction advice. The material is MDF or stuff like that, and it seems, that the parts were not done using a laser but using a CNC machine.

The parts are nice, I did not find any recess material or surface damages. Following the instructions, when needed since it will build easy even without them, this thing took about 5 minutes to construct and needed no glue, all parts fit very well.

If you use this thing in a corner, it will roughly take 30x30cm or little less than a squarefoot on the desk. 

This is how it looks now:

Does not look bad, and it seems pretty stable. I think by the time I will replace my selfconstructed painttrays with more of this stuff, I have seen a nice rack by Vallejo, I think this could be next.
I recommend this thing. Bought for 8,96, this tray is worth every cent and will do its job very well. I will take a picture when it is integrated and add it to this post.

Update:
Fits and sits well on in workspace.


-

Yesterdays roguish Montagsmaler meeting was nice. I started to work on the new scenery pieces and my mate Olli built and started to paint some Zvezda "Art Of Tactic" kits, including the one which I will review tonight, includig some rambling about the (work in progress) plane expansion for "TANKS".
And YAY, I doubled my youtube subscribers from 1 to 2, maybe I should quit my job and concentrate on this.

And finally, Olli gave me his cards and boxes of the two missing German "TANKS The Modern Age" expansions, that I will take a closer look at them this week to complete the German range too, as I already did for the French, and will do for other nations in the future, even for the British.
At the moment I have over 10 reviews in the pipeline, but I do not want to spam with them since there is always something on the desk to write about.

No comments: