December 6, 2019

15mm Late War
Afrikakorps ?!

Here are some pictures of a platoon for "TANKS" which me and my mate Olli had prepared for a friend as birthday present. He had played some games with us and he liked the look of my Afrikakorps platoon, that was a good opportunity to give him his own small starterforce.

The platoon is made from some Zvezda kits, a BFM Tiger and some bits/3Dprinted hybrids, all were basecoated in Revell Aquacolor Sand followed by some drybrushing and washes.

First we have a Panther and two Panzer IV H from Zvezda. These were easy to build, we will take a closer look at these kits in some later posts.

Next we have the Battlefront Miniatures late war Tiger with Zimmerit. Formerly it served under my mate Ollis service and did well in various battles, but now it is time to reach new frontiers.

These 3 assaultguns, two Jagdpanthers and one STUG III, were made from leftover upper hull parts from the bitsbox and 3D printed lower hulls and tracks. On the Jagdpanthers I had to improvise but they are looking pretty decent for that.

Last but not least we have a 3D printed Puma, the only thing that was changed on this model was the barrel, which was taken from the bitsbox. Even when some of the details got distorted, this is a nice model.

To make this package complete he gets a rulebook and all unitcards which are needed, some upgradecards and enough dice to play a first round with this new platoon.
We hope, that he will like it, when he gets this present this afternoon. (update: he did)

By the way...
while I went through the upgrade cards of the Italian expansions for for "TANKS", I noticed, that one card in both packs is double sided, I added this to the reviews.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I was very happy about the gift.