March 23, 2010

Italeri 1:72
JS-2 Tank

I just finished my first batch of Soviet hardware. The upper picture shows 2,5 of the tanks of the Italeri fast-build kit of the JS-2 tank, which contains 2 easy to build models. I found them at MACO Modellbau for a great price.
In the background you can the the AER model of the T34/85 with che commander cupola of the Pegasus T34/85 and an Aber Aluminium barrel. That kit is a mean bitch which needs a lot of putty to fill all gaps on it. More on this kit soon when it's finished.


The colors I used were Revell Aquacolor Sea Green (#36148) for the upper structure followed by a black wash. The tracks were painted with Tamiya Metallic Grey (XF-56), then I used a selfmade wash (made of Revell Aquacolor Rust (#36183), GW Chaos Black (# 61-51) and, of course, water) on them.


I did only two minor modifications on it, the first was to drill the muzzle of the barrel. The second modification was that I made three handbars of 0,5 mm steelwire on the tower.
All tanks were sealed with a coat of Revell Aquacolor Clear Matt color (# 36102).


In the next days I will order these decals at
Peddinghaus that will be applied to them.

No comments: