May 6, 2019

My Method To Apply
Camouflage Netting
To Tanks

Building a kit out of the box makes fun, painting the finished kit gives you something special, but adding some extras and modifications will make the finished kit to a true unicate. In this post I will show you, how I apply camouflage netting to tanks. This method was found some years ago in an old forum, which does not exist anymore, now I had the time to test it for myself.

You do not need much to do this modification, you will only need a model of your choice, some Greenstuff and a needle.

First I mixed the Greenstuff, then I applied a flat patch over the designated spot. For this demonstration I used an old Italeri JS-2 fastbuild kit. It comes from the testbox, where I have some old models on which I test new methods of painting and modifications.

After that I used the needle and started to push little holes in the flat surface, you do not have to worry about this process, just keep pushing. Whith the needle you can trim the form of the net if you want to.

The whole procedure took about 5 minutes and the result is promising. Please note that this is only a testpiece, do I did not put too much efford in this.

On the picture below you can see a slightly modified 1:100 Zvezda M2 Bradley APC (inspired by this blog) with some camouflage netting applied and already basecoated, with a layer of paint this already looks great. I am curious how this will look when all colors and decals are applied.

As you can see, some modifications for models do not take too much efford and look great in their results. The Bradley above will get his NATO woodland camo pattern, then I will decide in which colors I will paint the new applied camouflage.

No comments: