November 17, 2019

Blog Update
November

I was watching a ww2 documentation and (just for fun) tried to find some more UHU advertisements from war time, just as the one on the upper right corner of this blog.
And as you can see, I did, and this thing is a good example for indoctrination and propaganda of totalitarian regimes. If you want to know what it is about, you have to go for yourself, I will not translate it, but I may integrate this picture into this blog.

(By the way, it took some time to restore the picture to its actual state, the original was an old and faded piece of newspaper. Using this as template I could eventually "upgrade" the original UHU advertisement from this page to a higher resolution.)


But back to topic. I went through several struggles and changes in the last weeks, and I did not find neither the energy nor the time to write new postings, since writing them takes more time than you may think.
What does not mean, that I did no models. The Montagsmaler are still busy and we may get another (third) member. Also, in the past few weeks I collected lots of new material for this blog, but I had more important things to do than  writing for this blog.

I can not say, how much time I can spend for blogging in the next few weeks, but in the next days I finally have some time to spend exclusively for blogging.

What means, that I will use the autopublishing function exessively because there are lots of kits which will get a closer look, but my time to write will be rare.
At the moment I have more then 40 minireviews in the make, cosisting of lots of Zvezda kits and ww2/ww3 TANKS expansions. And then there is the usual content like 3D prining, both "TANKS" games and Rügen'46, whenever I may find time I will post about this stuff.

To give you a rough number, I am preparing the posts for some PCS models, more than 10 TANKS expansions and 30+ Zvezda ww2/ww3 kits, like the new Brummbär, the Abrams, the Tiger and lots more, which resulted in almost 300 pictures I would like to share with you.

(I may have mentioned it, I want to give all available Zvezda 1:100 tank and each 1:144 and 1:200 plane model kits a closer look and according to my list, there are arround 80 kits in these ranges, and I already own a little more than the half of them.)

Due to my limited time, my plan is to use the autopublishing function for all these new posts which I will write the in next days, the schedule should be:

On Tuesdays 20:00 a closer look at a Zvezda Axis 1:100 tank kit.
On Thursdays 20:00 a closer look at a Zvezda Allies 1:100 tanks kit.
On Saturdays  15:00 or 17:00 a closer look at a Zvezda 1:144 or 1:200 plane kit.
On Sundays 15:00 or 17:00 a closer look at an expansion either for ww2 "TANKS" or "TANKS The Modern Age".


Following this schedule there is a lot of content to come over the next 2 or 3 months. Some of these posts will contain comparisons with other models, so I hope this will not get to dry.
But before this will come, I will continue where I stopped, the next posts will be dedicated to German cold war tanks before I will start with all that reviews.

Beside that, the new custom units for the games will come whenever I will find time for it. Not to forget to mention the plane expansion for ww2 "TANKS", of which I am writing for a long time. I hope that I will finish the work on it this year.

Finally, on the first or second weekend of next month I am going to shut down the blog for at least some hours. After the first 10 years it will be time to change the layout of the ww2modelzone.

TL;DR So many models, so little time.

Update:
I updated/changes the scheduling for autopublished posts.

No comments: