June 9, 2018

Rügen'46:
Нападающие,
готовые к атаке

Last weekend I spent some time to rework the Plastic Soldier Company Russian infantry I painted a while ago. Even when I was happy with them when the were finished, in the moment I saw the Westwind Production SHS heads, see this post, I knew what would be to do with them.

I messed up the pictures.
 there are six figures missing and 
six figures two times on the pictures above

Heads were rolling like at the French Revolution. After all minis were headless, I drilled holes for the new heads, which were glued with UHU Hart. This fine stuff needs some time to dry but after it is dried there is a strong connection.
The modifications went without big complications, the most heads were easy to remove, some poses needed more efford, because of some hands and guns attached to the helmets.
I wanted to save some time, that is why the minis in firing poses look a little weird. But I did not want to repaint the whole mini, what I would have to do if I had to pose the gasmask filter a little more appropriate.

The paintjob was fairly simple. The mask, tube, and filter were painted with Revell Aquacolor. Then I made two black dots for the eyes, followed by a lighly thinned black wash. The helmet was painted before I sealed the new head.
Luckily there was almost no damage to the paint at the necks where I removed the heads. I used AK Russian primer for the new heads, that color concealed all messed up spots arround the necks.

Finally I found a use for my (weird) ww2 styled miniatures, and are only four weeks to go before these guys will roam through the streets of Sassnitz. But before they can do this, there is a lot of work to do.
Tomorrow is Sunday what means: turn off the mobile, ignore the doorbell, time for some models to build or paint. This time I have a clear goal, I have some built Amera Plastic Mouldings ruins in the basement that will get a new look.

No comments: