June 10, 2018

15mm German
Tankhunters

A bunch of 15mm German vehicles I finished. All were painted in the Hinterhalt camouflage pattern which I use for all of my German tanks.


This is my Sd.Kfz.234/4 from Battlefront miniatures, some years ago I built one of these in 1:72.
I bought the TANKS version of this model which offers four different options to build. If you want to use it for TANKS, you get two different tanks you can use ingame, but you have to decide which version you want to build.

I built the Sd.Kfz.234/4 from this kit. Seeing the stats of this unit it may be an good option to use.  After some Google search I found out that it is not too complicated to build this kit that you can use all four possible versions, but I decided not to do this.

Instead, I turned on the 3D printer and made myself a Puma wheeled tank. Since I did not want to post about 3D printing this time, there is no picture of it

Seeing all the bits that are left over, maybe it is time for some more creative bits recycling like I have done before.


Three Sd.Kfz. 139s, built from bits from the Plastic Soldier Company Marder III kit and 3D printed hulls. Some lines about the construction can be found in this post. If you compare #1 and 2 and the number 3, you will see, that I used different settings on the 3D printer.

Some minor parts like the exhausts and the storage boxes of the number one and two had to be built from scratch, but after the paintjob they look great from a certain distance, but in close look you see the messed up details.


Two Marder III from the Plastic Soldier Company Marder III kit. I had to choose which tank to build from this kit because it offers three different tanks to build from.
I built the Marder III from this kit, I like it's shape. And I am pleased with the results. Both tanks have a different finish, even when I used the same paint, maybe it comes from the fact that I sealed one by hand while I sealed the newer one with the airbrush. And maybe it got a little too much matte paint

Today I started to rework some ruined buildings from Amera Plastic Mouldings. This will be much to do, but using my airbrush saves a lot of time.

No comments: