June 16, 2018

Westwind Productions
28mm SHS
Seperate Head System
(2)

A closer look at some heads from the SHS range of Westwind Productions. Westwind offers a large selection of heads for the Secrets of the Reich figures they are producing.
SOTR is a Weird World War Two 28mm tabletop game, this link gives you a very good descripton of the game, even when it is only available in German language. The google translation into English is here.

This time let us take a closer look at the two other SHS sets which I ordered. My first look at them can be found in this post.


On the left handside you see the contents of SHS-SOTR6 "Zombie Heads B" which contains 20 Zombie heads and on the other side you see the contents of SHS-SOTR15 6 "Soviet Zombie Heads B" which also contains 20 Zombie heads.


Since I do not have approciate heads for a comparison, I gave some heads a rough coat of color and a wash to highlight the details. The upper sprue belongs to SHS-SOTR6, the sprue below came from SHS-SOTR15.

The casting quality is as good as the details are, there are some small remains from the casting process but not much more to clean. The overall look of the heads is better than from the two other sets I own. The mm grid of the cutting mat may give you an impression of their size.
But as you may have seen, the heads are more 28mm truescale, even when the heads from SHS-SOTR6 may be slightly bigger.

I temporarily mounted some of the heads to some Warlord Games and Wargames Factory German infantry figures just to get an impression how they will look when attached to a body. I just had them in range, be sure they will be glued to more aquedate figures.

All in all, the heads are nice, the sculpting and the casting is good. I just copied my resumee from my first post about the SHS heads:
[...] even when I thought at the first look that the heads were two small, I think the the heads fit very well. Especially when you use less heroic scaled miniatures [...]

I just came just work, added these lines and am happy that I prepared most of this text yesterday. After some chilling I will continue my work on a Amera ruin, what I will capture for a future post.
And maybe I will start to build some minis from the "Siberian Veterans" box, either as soldiers or as zombies.

No comments: