December 28, 2018

15mm
Nightfighting
Panthers
and some 3D printed stuff

Some pictures of my 15mm Panthers for TANKS. As you can see they are equipped with infrared vision. I saw the IR equipment at the Heer46 onlineshop and I could not resist buying some of it. Here you will find a picture of more built IR equipment which is still not finished.

I used "UHU hart" to attach the whitemetal parts of the IR visions. This stuff is pretty fine, glues all the materials I have to glue, and dries pretty fast and hard.



Closeups of the three Panthers. I will have to add decals but before I have to order new turretnumbers, maybe at Peddinghaus Decals, but I also found some nice decals at Skytrex and Dom's Decals.

But this was not the end, I wanted something different and found some nice files at Thingiverse and then I started the 3D printer.


I printed 2 Panther Schmaltürme, they can be seen in the Civil War battle report. The ridiculous big barrels are from the Battlefront Miniatures Jagdpanther. Maybe they are a little too big, but I like that look.
Last month the two turrets were modified, I added new hatches, and attached the remaining IR parts from my bitsbox. Now these kitten look great.

We are needing antiair units for our (w.i.p.) TANKS addon, that I decided to visit Thingiverse again, and look what I found:


I had to rescale the Coelian turret, which I downloaded, but after the second try it was perfectly in scale. After cleaning the residue from printing there was not much to do, I changed the turret's hatch for a scratchbuilt one, added a simple gunner shield from plasticcard and the very last IR part I had.

-

While I was at work, the postman dropped a note in my mailbox, tomorrow I will get the stuff I ordered at Frontline Games, and then it is time to get a closer look at "TANKS The Modern Age".

-

Some kind of update,
I watched documentary about tanks on Netfix and wondered, is it ignorance or incompetence that the Panther tank was not mentioned in it.

No comments: