May 9, 2018

28mm Mariya Oktyabrskaya
By
Stoessis Heroes

 
A closer look at the 28mm Mariya Oktyabrskaya miniature(s) produced by Stoessis Heroes. I bought this blister directly from him at the Hamburg Tactica this year. (If you read this, please make a Rodger Young miniature)

It contains 2 metal miniatures, one standing and one sitting pose. Also included is a small text on the back of the insert about the historical person on which the minis are based.

As you can see on the picture above one hand of the figure on the left side needs to be glued to the body, for the picture below I used whiteglue for a temporal connection.
The quality of the models and the casting are very good, like all other miniatures from Stoessi. If you want some nice additions for your 28mm ww2 armies, I recommend his shop.

The last pictures shows that the miniatures are true 28mm. At the moment I do not have any suitable miniatures for comparison, but in my opinion their measurements would make them fit in any Soviet Bolt Action army. And the left model seems to be ready to smash some heads.

I am waiting for a box of Warlord Games plastic Soviet figures, when they arrived I will make some comparison pictures with some other miniatures.

If you want to know more about Mariya Oktyabrskaya you can read the Wikipedia article about her. The English translated Russian entry contains not only more informations than the English one, it even has a picture of one of her "Боевая подруга" (Fighting Girlfriend) T34 tanks.


You can see Mariya Oktyabrskaya on the right side of the picture, looking into the camera. To build this tank it seems I need both Rubicon T34 kits to to get the matching hull and tower.

I always wanted to keep any advertising out of this blog but sometimes there are some shops worth to be mentioned. I do not receive any bonus for this.

No comments: