May 11, 2018

MENG 1:48
King Tiger



Pictures of the Meng 1/48 King Tiger I finished today. This tank was modelled after the King Tiger from the playstation 4 game "World War Toons".
I instantly fell in love with this chunky design, and when the kit arrived, I was impressed by it's quality, even when it is a fastbuild kit designed to be build without glue, this kit is very detailed.

The build made a lot of fun and went pretty straight forward, yesterday I needed about 2 hours for constuction, the paintjob was done today via airbrush. Then I used a little drybrushing and added some wash on selected part of the model.
The numerical decals I used were included in the kit, the German crosses were taken from the sparebook.

The only annoying point are the rubbertracks which could be better. I had to remove the inner trackguding line for a better connection between track, glue and roadwheels.
A pair of hardplastic tracks would be perfect for this kit but it seems it is depicted more as a toy and not as as model kit.

I used a figure from the set "Ilsa and the She-Wolves" made by Pulp Figures as tank commander which fits very well with the scale of the tank.

The final picture shows the size comparison of a regular King Tiger and the toon version. Both kits are in 1:48 scale, but as you see, the Meng King Tiger may be smaller but appears very bulky.

In my opinion this tank could easily fit in 28mm weird world war 2 games, armies or scenarios. Use a bigger gun and let it travel to the 41st millenium.
My tank will cruise through the remnants of Rügen to find the origin of the so-called "Rügen Incident" and get valuable artifacts from this place.
 

No comments: