May 26, 2018

Just Some Pictures
I Found On My Phone

Scenery contruction pictures from the last year. I found them while I was browsing through the backup from my phone. 

This is our river piece from this post. I found some pictures of it's construction:

 
 
 
The river piece in w.i.p. status. I hotglued some layers of cardboard pieces (leaving a gap) on a 120x30cm (roughly 4x1ft) piece of Styrodur (foamed polystyrene), then I filled the edges with acrylics. The gap, which should become the river, was filled with two component epoxy, in which some blue color was added. After that, the stones were added while it was still sticky.
Then two bridges and some more details were added as you can see in the first picture of the post.
And then there were some more pictures of an other scenery piece I made with my mate Olli.


 
 
 
 
 
 




This piece is a coastal segment, sized also 120cm width and built from Styrodur. It is planned as a D-Day element and can be set on any of our 120cm wide battlefield elements. While it looks almost finished in the last picture there will be a lot more work to spend on this section of the battlefield.
We were thinking of adding one or two bunkers and some obstacles at the beach, maybe we find some nice pieces at Thingiverse. And a small strip of blue paper needs to be added to represent the sea.

At the moment I enjoy the Friesian summer, waiting for an order of bits and bats to continue the work on my Rügen'46 project. When it will arrive things are going to get a little weirder.
Since I must pickup a small bargain from the bay, tomorrow will be no modelling on my modelling sunday, but I think I will find some time for a closer look at something.

No comments: