May 22, 2018

Part Plastic Soldier Company
Part 3Dprinted
15mm Sd.Kfz 139

In the picture above you see a Panzer 38(t) hull fresh printed with the Anet A8. Today I managed to print it to build a Sd.Kfz. 139, using the bits leftover from this post.

I took a small video with my mobile to give you a small look at the printing process. The selfprinted fan mount made the printer way more silent.

After some cleaning it looked like this:
I used new printer settings, the two 38(t) hulls I did before were printed with a different setup. Which means, there are differences in the printquality of the three hulls I made. Maybe more on this in a future post.
The overall details of the hull are ok, while the roadwheels were printed incorrect. Even the machine gun and the exhaust were printed in acceptable quality.
All in all,this time the hull was printed better as the roadwheels were not.

The hull roughly drybrushed, viewed from different angles. The top, front and back were printed properly. The roadwheels had some holes and gaps, that I had to use some Vallejo acrylic putty to give them a rought filling.


Both parts were prepared to fit and glued. I had to add a piece of plasticcard to close a gap in the back of the structure.
With minor efford another tank was built today. It looks a little crude on close sight, but it will make a decent gamepiece when it is painted.

No comments: