January 3, 2019

Plastic Soldier Company
1:100 M60E3 Tank

A closer look at the M60E3 1:100 model by the Plastic Soldier Company. You can see this kit in another post. Here you can see the sprues containig all parts to build this tank:


The kit is casted very sharp, with great details and no flash. No sinkholes can be found on the sprue, except for two, the first on the main hull and the second in an inner part of the turret but they will not be seen when this kit is completed. I bought a single sprue of this kit without instructions, but you can find them on the web and they are clear and easy to understand.

A very nice extra is the inclusion of two crew members.

The construction went without any issues and the finished kit looks fine. The only thing I did not like are the tracks, I think the gaps (not pictured) are not on the original but I may try fix this. And I messed up one of the smokelaunchers, but this should be fixed with no big problems.
There a some small parts that need some sanding, maybe the barrel will be drilled out.

This will be a nice proxy unit for "TANKS The Modern Age" games, but I think that I will get the M-60 expansion for the game in the future.
Oh, and there will be no useless bits leftover, what I like.

No comments: