January 6, 2019

Zvezda 1:100
Soviet 122mm Self-propelled
Howitzer 2S1 "Gvozdika"

 
A closer look at the self-propelled Soviet 2S1 "Gvozdika" howitzer produced by Russian manufacturer Zvezda for their game "Hot War - Battle for Oil". This kit comes in 1:100 scale as all Zvezda "Art of Tactic" and "Hot War" tank kits.


The kit is casted very sharp, with great details, neither flash nor sinkholes can be found. The plastic used for this kit feels different to the plastic of other Zvezda kits I already built, almost like "real" modelkit polystyrene, and can be glued with normal modelglue like the Revell glue I use.

Also included is a decalsheet with generic tank numbers, many more that are needed, but this is nice, I can use them for the Soviet tanks I have build for "TANKS The Modern Age".
Their quality should be good if they are produced in the same quality than other Zvezda decal sets from their "Art of Tactic" and "Hot War" kits I already built.

 
The constructed kit next to a T-72 produced by Battlefront Models on which I have taken a closer look some days ago.

The construction went fast and was pretty simple, and the instructions are clear and understandable. Only the muzzlebreak needs to be drilled. If you never built a Zvezda 1:100 kit, you would not have to use glue to finish it.
A quick dirty measurement shows that this tank comes in scale, if you include the taillight and the barrel.

I built it out of the box, but I am thinking about replacing the headlight on the turret with an anti-air  machine gun as I have seen on some pictures, which was left over from the T-72 construction.

No comments: