January 18, 2019

1:100 US Tanks
For
TANKS The Modern Age

I recently build and painted my first tank platoon for "TANKS The Modern Age". It is made of two Abrams from Battlefront Miniatures and one M60 from the Plastic Soldier Company, all in 15mm scale.

The Abrams tanks from the Starterbox and the expansion pack. The upper model was build as the IPM1 Abrams while the other kit was build as the M1 Abrams. Ingame I will use them for all available Abrams variants for the game.

The M60E3 by the PSC. I took a closer look at this model in this post. I thought the tracks were wrong but after a quick internet search I found out they were accurate, at least for that scale.

Except for the primer I used only Revell Aquacolor paints and Vallejo washes on these. After the models got primed, I used Olivegreen for a basecolor, drybrushed with Feldgrau. The camouflage pattern was painted with Leatherbrown and Tar Black. Then a thinned black wash was applied. A last step was to paint the machine guns black, the I added graphite via a pencil for its metallic look.
Before I sealed the kits with matte varnish, the tracks were painted  with Olivegreen and Steel, followed by a first wash of thinned black, followed by some spots of Vallejo Rust wash.
No decals were used, but I may add them later.

No I will only have to finish the Cobra helicopter, it is already built and basecoated, and this time I tried something new, but more on this in a later post. Maybe this weekend, but before I will do this, it is time to continue the work on the Meng Tiger I showed in a previous post.

No comments: