January 28, 2019

1:100 Soviet Tanks
For
TANKS The Modern Age


The second battleforce for "TANKS The Modern Age" is painted and ready for some action. The Sovietunion got its first tank platoon while the Americans got their first opponent.

The two T-64 tanks from the starter box. As all other tanks in this post, they were painted in a simple scheme. Primed with AK Interactive Russian primer, followed by a basecoat of Revell Aquacolor Bronzegrün. The final step was drybrushing the tanks with Revell Aquacolor Olivgrau.
The machineguns got painted black, then I used a pencil to add a layer of graphite for a decent metallic look.

The T-72 tank on which I took a closer look in this post. Painted as mentioned above. His decals and all other decals I used on the four tanks from this post came from the "Gvozdika" kit, which I show in this post.

Before I applied the decals, I added a layer of clear gloss varnish on the spot where I wanted to have the decals, normally I do this with the brush. Then I applied "Mr Mark Setter" from Mr Hobby before I set the decals.
After the decals were dried I gave some "Mr Mark Softer", also by Mr Hobby, over the decal. In the past I had some issues with this stuff, once it dissolved some decals while I applied them what caused a mess. But it improves the final look of the decal.
Finally all kits were sealed with Revell Aquacolor matte varnish, mixed 1:1 with water. I also have some thinner laying arround, but I prefer to use water, it had never  disappoined me before.

The last Soviet Tank is a custom unit, find all infos in this post, it is the 122mm self-propelled 2S1 howitzer. As I mentioned in the closer look at it, I changed the headlight for an AA machine gun from the leftover bits of the T-64 kit.

Next week we will play a first game, maybe I have the Cobra and the Hind finished until them, but there is still one questions from the rules, which seems unclear:

If I attack with missiles, does the target tank throw his defence dice or will he not ?
As I understand the rules, he will not. If the target tank would throw his dice dice, I would see no practical use for rockets, since they have a movement penalty.
If the attacker moves twice before he shoots his missiles, they will hit on 6 only and can not cause any critical hit. If the target has defence dice in this situation, this will make a hit very hard to get, you will need more than the usual luck.

I am gonna ask in their official Facebook group, maybe I will get a proper answer from there.

Update:
We got an response from their official Facebook group. They state:
"the target would get normal defense rolls. the missiles 
rules don't say anything about ignoring defense dice."
Hm, seems I was wrong with my interpretation of missiles rules.

No comments: