August 21, 2019

1:100 Shilka AA Tank

In the last post I gave the 1:100 Shilka AA tank modelkit from Zvezda a closer look, in this post I will show you the finished model. The picture above shows the Shilka accompanied by a Battlefront Miniatures BMP-2 and a BFM T-72. And while I made this picture, I thought that I should rework my Soviet forces for "TANKS The Modern Age", because I prefer the look of the recently finished Shilka tank.

The tanks was primed as usual, got its basecoat of  olivegreen, some parts were painted in dark green. After that it got a heavy drybrush of greenish gray, followed by a lighter drybrush of light olive, all paints used for this were Revell Aquacolor acrylics.

Then the tank got a wash, consisting of GW Gryphonne Sepia with some drips of Black wash, thinned in 2:1 ratio with Vallejo airbrush flow improver. Since I tried this stuff as thinner for washes, I will newer use any other thinner, it works great.


The tracks were painted brown, washed with several washes, then I used a pencil to give them their metallic look. Before the kit was sealed with matte varnish, I added some numbers from the decalsheet included in the BTR-80 kit, and an GDR insignia which almost all of my custom and proxie units got.

This is a nice addition to my collection and soon it will get its use as a custom unit for "TANKS The Modern Age".

No comments: