August 4, 2019

Victrix 1:100
Ju 87 G2 Stuka

A closer look at the 1:100 JU87 G2 Stuka model kit made by Victrix Models. This is one of their two new kits of 1:100 planes for wargaming, the other kit available at this moment is the Hawker Typhoon IB, also in 1:100 scale. A closer look at the Typhoon is not planned.

First, as usual, let us take a look at the plastic included in this kit:

The kit came in one grey sprue containing all parts needed to build the Stuka. On a first look, the kit seems without any flaws, no injector marks or sinkholes and virtually no flash.
This kit seems great, but more on that when it is actually built.

Some details of the sprue: two pilot figures are included, and a detailed look at one of the 3,7 guns which will be attached under each wing.

Also icluded is a nice flightbase, the socket may be pretty huge, but this thing allows to show different heights by expanding it like an antenna.
Too bad that I already lost the clear plastic rod which should be attached to the sprue, but this will be replaced if I should use this thing.

The detail picture of the clear parts shows that the plastic is very milky, maybe some polishing paste may help, but when I saw the clear parts I was pretty unsatisfied.

The instructions which are included are colorcoded and are kept simple and understandable, I have seen a lot of worse building instructions but only a few in this great quality.

The last item included in this kit is a decal sheet, which allows you to build one of 4 different planes using this sheet. Since I did not use them I can not say anything about their quality but the print looks good.

This is a pretty nice modelkit with a decent choice of decals. The subject of it is chosen nice, I think that this is the only tankhunter version of a Stuka in this scale.
The only flaw is the pretty milky clear sprue, I hope Victrix will fix this issue when new units will be produced. But even whith that flaw, this kit is great in detail, and it seems that it will be nice to build this kit.

I think if Victrix would sell the flight bases only, they would be soldout in short time.

Originally I wanted to use this thing for the "TANKS" thing I am working on, but since this plane is pretty big, I will stay with my 1:144 Stuka, which can be seen in this post.
A lot on mini reviews will follow in the next time, but it will will try to keep the blog content balanced between closer looks at kits and actual hobby posts.

No comments: