August 19, 2019

1:100 ZIS-6 With 3,7cm Flak

I recently finished this crude hybrid which was shown in a previous post (this picture). This thing is a combination of the ZIS-6 truck from Zvezdas BM-13 Katyusha "Art Of Tactic" expansion, a 3D printed flakgun and various parts from my bitsbox.
Some pictures from this website were the inspiration for this built.

I did not take a closer look at the 1:100 Zvezda BM-13 Katyusha modelkit but you can find reviews on the web and youtube.

After I removed the rocket launcher from the truck, I added a freightbed made of thin cardboard and some other bits to improve its look.
I did not find a matching Soviet gun for that truck that I had to improvise again. Originally the flakgun is a British 40mm Bofors but after a quick comparison with the Soviet 3,7cm Mod. 1939 AA gun I did not find too may differences between them, that I took the Bofors which can be found at Thingiverse.

The barrel of the gun and its gunsight were printed improperly and I had to replace them. I used parts of a broken 1:72 Zvezda Soviet 3,7cm flak for this.
The crew figures came from the Plastic Soldier Company M3 halftrack kit, they are US minis, but since I do not have any 15mm Soviet minis, once again I had to improvise and used them. But I think this will not be seen from a distance.

I painted this thing with the same colors which I used for the KV-1 and KV-2 from the 2 previous posts and added some decals from the 28mm Rubicon T-34 kit.

I am happy with the result, but to be honest this is an ugly thing which looks very crude on close sight.

Next up is to paint this thing, after I found a matching figure in my bitsbox to operate the (scratchbuilt) gun on its freightbed.
When this thing is done, there are only 3 planes to finish before I can start to create the needed custom unit cards and write the plane expansion for "TANKS".

By the way, I added this picture of the (almost) finished kit to the Zvezda T-72B review.

Update: I mistakenly wrote 3,7mm gun, this was corrected.

No comments: