August 31, 2019

15mm ZIS-5 Truck With AA DsHK

Some pictures of my recently finished ZIS-5 truck with an equipped DsHK AA machine gun. Basically it is the ZIS-5 from Zvezdas "Art Of Tactic" wargame with scratchbuilt arnament. I did not take a closer look at this thing yet, but you can find some nice reviews on the web and youtube.

The truck got painted in the same style like my other 15mm ww2 Soviet vehicles. I use different greens as basecolor for them but the rest of the procedure is always the same. Some red star decals from the sparebook were applied after it got painted.

Detail pictures show that I have at least 3 things to do, I will have to overwork the muzzle of the gun, the windshield needs some more blue paint and there are some spots on the mini which need some more paint.
A little bit annoying, but this should be fixed quickly.

I took the picture above from a previous post which shows the other Soviet AA truck which I partly scratchbuilt. The gun was built, using some needles, a part from Orions 1:72 AA DsHk, and an spare machine gun from the Battlefront miniatures T-64, if I remember correctly.
This thing was easy to build and it looked not as bad as I suspected when finished.

The operator of the machine gun was taken from the bitsbox, it is one of the spare crewmembers from the 1:100 Plastic Soldier Company Bren Carrier. Formerly under British service, after some rough handling with the cuttermesser and sanding paper, now this guy has joined the Red Army and, well, it could have been worse.

I am pretty satisfied with the finished model, before it was painted I thought this would look crude when finished, luckily everything went well, even the figure does not look too bad. If you read some of the last posts, you already should know what it will be used for. Some brainstorming with two fellow mates solved the last remaining issues, that a final playtest should show that all would work as supposed.
Maybe tonight but at least tomorrow I will show some legitimate targets for this new addition to my growing collection of 15mm models.

By the way, all planes and AA vehicles for a first revision of the planes expansion for "TANKS" are now painted and ready to get photographed, this will be done in the next days, I will keep you informed.

No comments: