August 26, 2019

Another Planes Playtest
for TANKS

Pictures of the third playtest for my upcoming planes expansion for "TANKS". Once again Germany vs the UK, once again my forces were crushed by their enemy, and my opponents plane did some serious damage, just as my plane did.
Even when I had the air superiority after the destruction of the German flak, it did not help, I shot down the Stuka right after it destroyed the second tank of mine.

You will have to choose from 7 planes and  6 AA vehicles in the first version of this expansion, plus various new crewmembers, equipment, and doctrine cards, but feel free to use whatever you want to use for the new ruleset, for this case I will include some generic unit cards to use.

This time we used new movement templates. Those things work fine, just as supposed, but I may resize the round piece. Sometimes you will have to improvise to reach your target but the new rules for the movement phase are completely finished, at least in a bunch of handwritten notes.

The use of new custom doctrines for special air manouvers can make their movement unpredictable, maybe barrel roll and looping may be over the top, but these two were pretty useful. 

You may notice a black die on some of the pictures, which determines the height the plane, in the final version these will be replaced by custom paper counters. You can fly in 2 different heights, if you are on high altitude you will get an additional defense die.

The attack phase addon rules also work as supposed, there is one thing left unclear, it is where the plane has to be to drop a bomb and how to decide which tank will get hit, but I think we found a reasonable solution.

A final playtest will have to follow, but almost everything is finished and only needs to get tested a final time, maybe on a bigger scale, but after that I am going to compile the rules and make them downloadable. I started with this task, but I can not say when it is done.

Maybe new units will be added in further revisions of the ruleset, when it is finally done. I do not want to give out a release date, but at least I want it finished several weeks before halloween depending on the time I can spend for this.
Luckily I am able to write this blog without the need for a translator, and sometimes my grammar could be crappy, but for me writing the plane expansion is something different than my casual blogging, I want it filled with less creepy English than the usual stuff I write.
And then there is all this copyright stuff, I will use loyality free stuff, but I do not have to forget to credit their creators, and all this stuff.

While the picture above is already bad, it is getting worse. I close this post with some pretty bad pictures from that game, there may even be some dublicates.

No comments: